Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday, October 18, 2008

God's girls are a group of Christian women who love the Lord and love each other. Several members are going through challenging circumstances and this blog has been established to keep everyone informed - prayer really works!
  • Heather's husband Joe has recently been diagnosed with cancer
  • Jennifer's cancer has returned

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, my praise is for you....for setting up this site.

My prayer request is for Jennifer and Joe, that God will heal them both.

Love and prayers, Lynn

Heather said...

I love it...great job Beth.

Joe and I had a challenging day working through finances...but somehow the impatient irritation with each other's ideas faded into dialogue and cooperation to put a plan together we both can live with. This is new for us and after 35 years, something only God could accomplish. I give God and his girl's all the credit...

And Lynn, we need to know how to pray for you...

xoxo H.

Vicki said...

Today I am 16. I am grateful for that and for one whole day of right eatting. I got down on my knees and prayed for the obsession of food and the compulsion to eat wrongly to be taken from me...and God is faithful. Day One.
I too need pray around finances and guidance around my church life.
I love you all! (Great Pic Heddy)

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful that God continues to show up for me faitfully and strong. He always provides for me...

Must be something in the economy!! We too need prayer around finances. I know God is working to grow us individually and as partners, I would really like to hear what He is saying...K God - I am listening.... :)

Heather said...

today Joey had the port implanted into his chest... He is doing great. Thank you all so much for keeping us covered in grace!

Our prayers would be around making good decisions with our money; my piano is for sale on Craigslist - I'd like it to sell!

I am tired. I need to feel rested in the morning. Today I woke from a dream in which I was backing up a semi truck and trailer and ran into another truck. Joe was in the passenger seat (of course) and was irritated with me. (What's new?)I was exhausted from the dream. I have issues with my dad and sent him an email about. I feel like Im six and worried about him being mad at me. Sheesh.

and happy 16th birthday to you Vic.

xoxo

Beth said...

I spoke with Jennifer last night, her surgery is scheduled for November 10th. Let us pray that her doctors would have the wisdom and skill of the holy spirit with them while they operate.

Vicki said...

I am thinking of you all tonight. I can not make the meeting. Just got home and need to eat. Jennifer and Joe's health and well being are my main prayer requests. I love you all!

Happy Wanderer said...

I believe that God is blogging on this site. The hope and faith that you gals have is awesome and He shines through your words! I am saddened that both Jennifer and Joe (and their families) need to be dealing with the challenges of cancer. It is an ugly disease! My heart goes out to each of you as you undertake the surgeries, chemo and radiation treatments and recoveries associated with battling the enemy within. We can all feel God's assurance that He has a plan and that He will protect and surround you all with love throughout this journey. Be strong and know that He is near! "With God's grace from above, I live my life in Faith, Hope and Love" (Hmmmm. Where have I heard that before?) Love ya, Jeannie

Vicki said...

Praise the Lord for the good report on Jennifer! I am so grateful for this hopeful outcome. We love you so much Jennifer!

Heather said...

Hi - its Sunday the 16th. The puppies are sold - all going to wonderful homes. This is a relief to me not only financially, but God knew to bring me buyers who would love and cherish these little treasures. Joe woke up this morning - his throat is pretty sore but his spirit is great.

I saw Jennifer yesterday - she was up and running around. I think of that great scripture "The fervent prayers of a righteous girl availeth much."

Beth and Butch are goinging on a getaway...I'd like to ask God to bless them, their marriage and their dreams.

xoxo H.